I recommend the following simple remedies and give a try before going to see your doctor
10 Tips to reduce snoring and sleep apnea:
- Lose weight and improve your eating habits.
- Regular Exercise,
- Yoga breathing and postures
- Avoid tranquilizers, sleeping pills, and antihistamines before you go to bed.
- Avoid alcohol ,caffeine and heavy meals at least four hours before you sleep.
- Establish regular sleeping patterns. For example, try to go to bed at the same time every night.
- Sleep on your side rather than on your back.
- Raise the head of your bed up four inches. Raise the whole bed, not just pillows.
- Clear nasal passages. You can do it naturally with Nasyam (jal Neti) or try nasal decongestants or nasal strips to help you breathe more easily while sleeping.
- Herbal tea before sleep which is good for sound sleep.
If none of the above mentioned tips help, talk to your doctor. There are a variety of medical treatments that may reduce or eliminate snoring.